Resepi Vanilla Eclairs....
1 / 3 cup water
1 / 3 cup milk
1 / 2 cup all purpose flour
65gr Salted butter
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
3 egg yolks
1 / 4 cup sugar
1 stick vanilla bean
1 cup UHT milk
15gr corn flour
1 tbsp Salted butter
50ml whipped cream - i used double cream
50g dark cooking chocolate - I used Marmer couverture
1. Heat water, milk, butter & sugar until boil, remove from fire, add sifted flour, stir well, return to the fire, stirring until dough does not stick to the pan (leaves a thin layer of skin on ur pan), remove from fire.
2. Add the eggs one at a time while stirring till well blended. Scoop batter into pipping bag, snip tip and pipe elongated with a size according to taste.
3. Bake at temperature of 220C for 15-20 minutes until the surface is yellowish. Do not open till its fully baked.
4. Remove and let it cool down bef piping vanilla custard. (I baked it using 200C for 15 mins.. take it out.. cut a small hole on my puff and place it back into my oven again for abt 10mins - to dry em)
1. Mix the egg yolks, sugar, corn flour, stir until well blended and pale yellow in color.
2. Heat the milk and vanilla bean until almost boiling, remove vanilla bean, pour half of the boiled milk into the beaten egg + sugar + corn flour, stir, then pour back into remaining milk , reheat, stirring constantly until custard thickens, remove from fire, add butter, stir until well blended, let it cool bef putting into piping bag.
Mix dcc & whipped cream, heat one minute in the microwave, stir till chocolate melts, if not melted heat a further 30 seconds. (I heated my double cream and poured into dcc.. let it sit for a min and stir)
Assembly : Make a hole on the tip of Éclair- pipe in custard filling.. Dip into chocolate glaze… Ready to be enjoyed with a cup of tea….yummy!