Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Baked this pandan chiffon cake for barbeque kat kampung atuk & uwan I di Rembau last Saturday. Dan this pandan chiffon cake sangat digemari oleh semua orang terutamanya atuk & uwan I....happy sebab semua suka!!!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Baked this cake for makan-makan after Majlis Tahlil & bacaan Yaasin di office petang tadi....
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 - 9 inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Monday, July 18, 2011
- 1 cawan Pulut Hitam
- 1 keping gula melaka
- 1 cawan santan segar (kalau takde, just guna santan kotak pun ok jugak)
- 1/2 cawan gula pasir
- daun pandan
- air secukupnya
- Rendam pulut hitam semalaman ( kalau tak pun 3 -4 jam sebelum nak masak pun ok jugak)
- Bersihkan pulut before masakkannya
- Masukkan dalam periuk bersama-sama air serta daun pandan yang disimpul. Air ikut agak2 ya. Masak sehingga pulut hitam kembang.
- Masukkan gula melaka dan gula mengikut suka manis masing-masing ya.
- Akhir sekali, masuKkan santan. Sentiasa kacau sehingga mendidih dan likat.
- Bila dah masak..hidangkannya. Sedap dimakan waktu masih panas lagi atau disejukkan dalam peti sejuk. Ikut selera masing-masing ya...:-))
Sunday, July 17, 2011
200 ml susu segar
4 keping slice cheese
70 g mentega
70 g gula halus
70 g tepung gandum, diayak
4 biji telur
1 tspn pandan flavour
Sedikit pewarna hijau
1 tspn vanilla
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
From Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski
1 cup flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt (add only if you use unsalted butter)
½ cup coarse white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
4 tbs unsalted butter (I used salted butter), 4 tbs is approx 60gm
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup lukewarm water
¼ cup buttermilk (if you dont have butter milk, just add ½ tbs vinegar to ½ cup of milk, let it stand for 5-10 minutes)
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
4. Add flour mixture, alternate with water and buttermilk, beat on low speed.
5. Beat for another 30 sec until combined.
250gm dark chocolate
250ml whipping cream
A pinch of salt
1 tbs butter
1. Heat whipping cream using double boiler until bubble. Add chopped dark chocolate, stir until melted, add butter and salt.
2. Let it cool, keep it refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Ok la...ni resepinya....u all amik pastry ( I guna cap KAWAN)...then the pastry tu u all potong 2. Ambil satu lapisan yang satu lagi then tindihkan ke atas pastry yang satu lagi. Kemudian, gaulkan pastry tersebut dengan campuran gula castor & serbuk cinnamon sehingga rata. Letakkan pastry yang telah disaluti itu tadi di atas pan baking. Ulang semula ikut berapa banyak stick yang u all suka ya. Bakar dalam oven selama 15 minit dengan kepanasan oven 190'C. Bila dah masak...makan Cinnamon Stick itu dengan cicah dengan Lemon Curd....sedap!!!!
Monday, July 11, 2011
Resepi Lemon Milk Muffin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lemon or plain yogurt ( I guna full cream milk)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in pan. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. In a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins.
Lemon Curd Martha Stewart
- 3 large egg yolks, strained
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine. Set over medium heat, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon, making sure to stir sides and bottom of pan. Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, one piece at a time, stirring with the wooden spoon until consistency is smooth.
Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd to avoid a skin from forming; wrap tightly. Let cool; refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Resepi Vanilla Eclairs....
1 / 3 cup water
1 / 3 cup milk
1 / 2 cup all purpose flour
65gr Salted butter
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
3 egg yolks
1 / 4 cup sugar
1 stick vanilla bean
1 cup UHT milk
15gr corn flour
1 tbsp Salted butter
50ml whipped cream - i used double cream
50g dark cooking chocolate - I used Marmer couverture
1. Heat water, milk, butter & sugar until boil, remove from fire, add sifted flour, stir well, return to the fire, stirring until dough does not stick to the pan (leaves a thin layer of skin on ur pan), remove from fire.
2. Add the eggs one at a time while stirring till well blended. Scoop batter into pipping bag, snip tip and pipe elongated with a size according to taste.
3. Bake at temperature of 220C for 15-20 minutes until the surface is yellowish. Do not open till its fully baked.
4. Remove and let it cool down bef piping vanilla custard. (I baked it using 200C for 15 mins.. take it out.. cut a small hole on my puff and place it back into my oven again for abt 10mins - to dry em)
1. Mix the egg yolks, sugar, corn flour, stir until well blended and pale yellow in color.
2. Heat the milk and vanilla bean until almost boiling, remove vanilla bean, pour half of the boiled milk into the beaten egg + sugar + corn flour, stir, then pour back into remaining milk , reheat, stirring constantly until custard thickens, remove from fire, add butter, stir until well blended, let it cool bef putting into piping bag.
Mix dcc & whipped cream, heat one minute in the microwave, stir till chocolate melts, if not melted heat a further 30 seconds. (I heated my double cream and poured into dcc.. let it sit for a min and stir)
Assembly : Make a hole on the tip of Éclair- pipe in custard filling.. Dip into chocolate glaze… Ready to be enjoyed with a cup of tea….yummy!
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Friday, July 1, 2011
I sudah lama nak mencuba this resepi...godek punya godek, finally I jumpa the best Profiteroles from Gordon Ramsay...ala chef yang garang tu...tapi terer masak tuu...Ni recipe dia...memang pasti ada siaran ulangan utk dish ni...sangat sedap tu.....
- 125 ml Milk
- 200 ml Water
- 150 g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 4 medium Eggs lightly beaten
- 1½ Vanilla pod split
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons icing sugar
- 200 g good quality Dark Chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons clear Honey
- 125 ml full fat Milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Place the milk, cold water, salt, sugar into a pan and set over a low heat. Once the sugar and salt has dissolved add the butter. Once the butter has melted, bring to a rolling boil. Turn off the heat then tip in the flour and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon. As soon as the mixture starts to come away from the side of the pan, stop beating and tip onto a plate to cool.
- Return the mixture to the pan, then gradually beat in the eggs, a little at a time, mixing well between each addition, until you have a smooth paste. (Alternatively, transfer the mix to an electric mixer and gradually add the eggs while the mixer is running on a low setting).
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Spoon the choux pastry into a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle (about 1.5cm in diameter). Pipe a small blob of the pastry mix under each corner of the greaseproof to keep the paper in place. Now pipe about 20 walnut-sized balls onto the baking sheet, spaced well apart. Level the peaked tops with the tip of a wet finger then bake for 18-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.
- For the Chantilly cream scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into a large mixing bowl. Add the cream, and icing sugar then whisk together until the consistency of a soft meringue with floppy peaks. Spoon the cream into a clean piping bag, fitted with a small plain nozzle. Pierce the base of a choux bun with the tip of the nozzle and pipe in the cream. Repeat with the remaining choux buns.
- For the chocolate sauce, break the chocolate into small pieces in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat. Add the butter and honey stirring from time to time, until the chocolate begins to melt. Gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth sauce and warm through. Serve the cream-filled profiteroles with the hot chocolate sauce drizzled over.